Even though we are still in Winter and we’ve had some pretty nasty chilly weather recently, it won’t be long until Spring is here. To get you thinking about what you should do to get your house ready for Spring, we’ve compiled a list of the top five priorities.
- Gutter Cleaning. During the winter your gutters will have filled up with all sorts of debris, leaves and sludge. Cleaning out your gutters will help to extend the life of your roof, soffits and fascia of your home.
- Wood Repair. Any wood (windows, doors, door frames, posts, fences) you have that is exposed to the wet winter weather can get damaged easily, the wood can start rotting and the paint peals. During the Spring months is the perfect time to repair any damage. Sometimes the damage might have begun years ago, so when repairs begin, more damage is often uncovered.
- Power Washing. Getting outside areas, decking, patios etc, power washed can really make a difference to your outside area and can make it look as good as new. Once you’ve cleaned these areas, you’ll then be able to sit outside and enjoy the warmer weather.
- Both inside and outside areas will either have places where they need to be touched up or might require a complete makeover.
- Spring is one of the best times to get your home organised. Start downstairs with desk drawers, under stairs and kitchen cupboards. Then move upstairs to the wardrobes and drawers. Then you can move on to the attic.
If you need help with any of the above or to make an enquiry or booking with a leading London handyman service, 0800 HANDYMAN, please telephone 0800 426396 or click here.